The purpose of this policy is to ensure the protection of Confidential Information that is proprietary to Waterski and Wakeboard Association Ghana (WWAG) by making all WWAG Representatives aware that there is an expectation to act at all times appropriately and consistently with this policy.
Application of this Policy
2. This policy applies to all “Members” and “Representatives” (collectively hereinafter “WWAG Representatives”).
3. Representatives – All individuals employed by, or engaged in activities on behalf of, WWAG Representatives include, but are not limited to, staff, administrators, Directors and Officers, committee members, and volunteers
4. Members – All categories of membership defined in the WWAG Bylaws and authorized representatives of Members, as well as all individuals employed by, or engaged in activities with, WWAG including, but not limited to, athletes, coaches, referees, officials, volunteers, managers, administrators, committee members, and Directors and Officers
WWAG Representatives will keep in strictest confidence, at all times, all Confidential Information, which they may acquire or be provided with in connection with or as a result of their involvement with WWAG.
2. WWAG Representatives will not, either during the period of their involvement/employment or any time thereafter, disclose to any person or organization any Confidential Information acquired during their period of involvement/employment with WWAG, unless expressly authorized to do so.
3. WWAG Representatives will not publish, communicate, divulge or disclose to any unauthorized person, firm, corporation, third party or parties any Confidential Information or any part thereof, without the prior written consent of WWAG.
4. WWAG Representatives will at all times comply with the requirements of the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents.
5. All files and written materials relating to Confidential Information will remain the property of WWAG and upon termination of involvement/employment with WWAG or upon request of WWAG, the WWAG Representative will immediately return, or, if requested by WWAG, destroy, all Confidential Information received in written or tangible form, including copies, or reproductions or other media containing such Confidential Information.
The term “Confidential Information” includes, but is not limited to the following:
2. Personal information of WWAG Representatives including but not limited to home address, email address, personal phone numbers, date of birth, medical information, and background check information;
3. Any information that is identified by WWAG as Confidential Information that is not generally or publicly known.
4. Confidential Information include the following: name, title, business address, work telephone number, or any other information widely available or in the public domain.
Copyright and any other intellectual property rights in all written material (including material in electronic format) and other works produced in connection with employment or involvement with WWAG will be owned solely by WWAG, which will have the right to use, reproduce or distribute such material and works, or any part thereof, for any purpose it wishes. WWAG may grant permission for others to use such written material or other works, subject to such terms and conditions as WWAG may prescribe.
A breach of any provision in this Policy may be subject to legal recourse, termination of the employment or volunteer position, or sanctions pursuant to the Discipline and Complaints Policy.